Deprecated: Non-static method snp_links::search() should not be called statically in /home/u446727304/domains/iqobroker.com/public_html/wp-includes/class-wp-hook.php on line 286
- WWE stars are paying tribute to Rocky Johnson, the daddy of Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, who has died on the age of seventy five.
- World Wrestling Leisure issued a press release on Wednesday night time confirming the business Corridor of Famer’s dying, saying it “extends its condolences to Johnson’s household, associates and followers.”
- “A loss for each fan of @WWE,” tweeted Paul “Triple H” Levesque.
- Mick Foley referred to as it “a really unhappy day for wrestling,” while Matt Hardy, Kevin Nash, and Dana Brooke additionally shared tributes.
- Johnson was inducted into the WWE Corridor of Fame in 2008 after a profession through which he turned one of many first African-American World Tag Staff Champions alongside Tony Atlas.
- Go to Enterprise Insider’s homepage for extra tales.
WWE stars are paying tribute to Rocky Johnson, the daddy of Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, who died on the age of seventy five.
World Wrestling Leisure issued a press release on Wednesday night time confirming the business Corridor of Famer’s dying.
“WWE is saddened to study that Rocky “Soul Man” Johnson (born Wayde Douglas Bowles), a WWE Corridor of Famer, former World Tag Group Champion, and father of Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson, has handed away at age seventy five,” it stated.
“WWE extends its condolences to Johnson’s household, pals and followers.”
—WWE (@WWE) January sixteen, 2020
Explanation for dying is up to now unknown, nevertheless pal and fellow former wrestler Brian Blair stated Johnson was “underneath the climate” final week, in accordance with The Guardian.
“A loss for each fan of @WWE, Rocky Johnson was a barrier-breaking performer. Our ideas are together with his household right now,” tweeted Paul “Triple H” Levesque, the WWE’s present government.
—Triple H (@TripleH) January sixteen, 2020
Micky Foley, the inaugural WWF Hardcore Champion, tweeted: “I’m so sorry to listen to of the passing of the good Rocky Johnson. All the time a gentleman, I all the time loved speaking with him. My deepest condolences to his household, buddies, and the followers who liked him. A really unhappy day for wrestling. #RIPRockyJohnson.”
—Mick Foley (@RealMickFoley) January 15, 2020
Others to pay tribute to Johnson included Matt Hardy, previously of the Hardy Boyz, Kevin Nash, and American wrestler Dana Brooke.
Hardy stated in a tweet: “Saddened to listen to concerning the passing of Rocky Johnson. Rocky was all the time extraordinarily pleasant & sort to me each time I interacted with him through the years. My condolences & ideas exit to his household.”
Nash addressed Dwayne Johnson instantly, saying: “So sorry to listen to about your Dad. He was all the time very type to me. Frolicked in Louisville once I was getting back from my torn quad. Laughed and he shared me his information. Once more sorry Dwayne.”
Brooke, 31, added: “My coronary heart goes out to the household of @TheRock and should prayers be despatched your method throughout this time! I’m sorry in your loss!”
—Dana Brooke WWE (@DanaBrookeWWE) January 15, 2020
“Soul Man” was inducted into the WWE Corridor of Fame in 2008 after a floor-breaking profession.
After becoming a member of the group in 1982, he and Tony Atlas, recognized collectively because the “Soul Patrol,” turned the primary African-American World Tag Group Champions simply over a yr later.
He additionally produced memorable rivalries Greg “The Hammer” Valentine, Don Muraco, and Adrian Adonis, earlier than retiring in 1991 and coaching his son to wrestle, who in fact went on to turn out to be on the business’s most well-known ever stars.